An affiliate is an individual who is not a paid staff member of the University, but who is
- appointed or engaged by the University to perform duties or functions, and/or
- recognised for their contribution to the University.
Types of affiliates
- clinical title holders
- adjunct, conjoint and honorary appointees
- consultants and contractors to the University
- holders of offices in University entities
- members of Boards of University Foundations
- members of University Committees
- volunteers (find out more about volunteering [PDF, 99KB] at the University
- any other persons appointed or engaged by the University to perform duties or functions on its behalf.
An affiliate may be eligible for an Affiliate card.
This card will provide:
- identification on University campuses
- access, if required, to secure areas
- borrowing privileges including document delivery and access to the University of Sydney Library’s electronic resources (refer to information on borrowing on the Library website)
For more information about eligibility for an Affiliate card and how to go about getting this card, refer to the Campus Cards website