Students and staff have access to a wide range of services and information to help with international engagement and development. These include:
- assistance with grant and scholarship applications
- identification of funding opportunities
- regional information and intelligence
- assistance with cross-disciplinary collaborations.
The International Development section of the International Portfolio provides help with all these services, from reconnaissance through to development, completion and follow up.
As a central part of its international strategy, the University is committed to:
- fostering research partnerships with other leading institutions
- increasing scholarships for incoming international students and promoting mobility of students and staff
- taking advantage of international funding opportunities for research, consultancies and capacity building.
Other international funding opportunities provided by the University include:
- The International Program Development Fund, which supports international partnerships in research, teaching and learning, capacity building and other areas with high profile partners in priority areas;
- Preferential Partnership agreements, which are joint funding arrangements with identified key partners;
- The International Research Collaboration Award, administered by the Research Office, which enables overseas researchers of high standing at any stage in their career to share and disseminate new and original ideas, initiate and undertake collaborative research and facilitate interaction and training of University of Sydney staff and students.