As a central part of its international strategy, the University is committed to:
- fostering partnerships with other leading institutions
- promoting mobility of students and staff
- taking advantage of international funding opportunities for research,
- consultancies and capacity building.
The International Portfolio offers specialised support and services to advance the University’s international engagement, partnerships and collaborations. Our services include:
- assistance with grant and scholarship applications
- identification of funding opportunities
- regional information and intelligence
- assistance with cross-disciplinary collaborations.
Other international funding opportunities provided by the University include:
- The International Program Development Fund, which supports international partnerships in research, teaching and learning, capacity building and other areas with high profile partners in priority areas;
- Preferential Partnership agreements, which are joint funding arrangements with identified key partners;
- The International Research Collaboration Award, administered by the Research Office, which enables overseas researchers of high standing at any stage in their career to share and disseminate new and original ideas, initiate and undertake collaborative research and facilitate interaction and training of University of Sydney staff and students.