Mid-Year Enrolment 2013
In-person enrolments will be conducted between Monday 8 and Friday 26 July for all commencing and re-enrolling students. Enrolment for successful UAC applicants will be held on Wednesday 10 and Friday 12 July (Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences' enrolments only), with detailed instructions available on the UAC Acceptance and Enrolment leaflet.
At enrolment you will select your units of study (if applicable), provide current information about your citizenship status, your current contact details and your previous tertiary qualifications. You may need to provide evidence of some of these details, such as your passport containing your permanent residence visa. You will also have your financial scheme eligibility assessed and your tuition fees calculated (if applicable). Your Faculty may have other requirements for you to complete and these will be stipulated in your offer letter or by your Faculty on enrolment day.
If you are a domestic applicant, there are some steps you can take to prepare for your enrolment:
- Research your course requirements and the units of study that you intend to enrol in. This information is available online in the Faculty handbooks.
- If you were made an offer for a Commonwealth-supported place, make sure you understand what that means, and what you are required to do regarding your financial arrangements when you enrol. You can find out more information on Commonwealth support and fees on the HECS and Domestic Fees section of the University website.
- Know when your in-person enrolment session is scheduled for. The session date will be indicated in your enrolment letter, or if you are a re-enrolling student is available from your Faculty. If you are unable to attend your designated enrolment session you will need to organize a friend or relative to act as your proxy. Please ensure to complete a proxy authority form for your proxy to present on enrolment day.
What you should bring on your enrolment day
Here's a checklist of things you will need to bring with you to enrolment:
- Your UAC Offer letter (if you are a successful UAC applicant)
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you are eligible, and you elect to take out a HELP loan or a SA-HELP loan for semester, you are required to provide your TFN
- Acceptable photo identification such as Driver's Licence, Passport or Proof of Age Card
- The units of study you wish to enrol in or seek academic advice about.
You may also need to bring:
- If you are a permanent resident, the date your permanent residency was granted
- Evidence of your new citizenship status if it has recently changed
- If you are applying for credit or advance standing, documentation of previous study to support your claim, such as academic transcript and unit of study outlines
- Any other faculty-specific requirement
- Signed proxy authority form (if you are acting as a proxy for an applicant).
At enrolment you will also receive advice on how to obtain your Student Campus Card and transport concession (if applicable).