Graduate Certificate of Commerce – Kamilaroi
- I was born in Bathurst and grew up in Walgett, Narrabri and Bathurst.
- I went to a number of schools in those towns, but high school was a real challenge. Particularly with my close mates leaving school early. George Rose on the right
- I wanted to go to uni to become a smarter person and to make the most of my opportunities.
I wanted to make something of myself.
- My first attempt at uni was hard. I was acclimatising to Sydney (the big smoke) and I was struggling. In the end I left because I didn't feel ready.
I've returned as a mature age student and am finding the experience really enjoyable.
- Sydney Uni
- At first, coming back to uni as a mature age student was difficult. Almost 10 years since I last studied, I wasn't sure I'd be up to it. The support staff at the University were great – they helped me settle in and within two weeks I was fine. They continue to assist and stay in contact with me and it's great.
- By 2016
- My Rugby League career will be over! I will be finishing off my degree and preparing for the next phase in my life.