Bachelor of Agricultural Economics – Anaiwan
- I was born in Tamworth, NSW. I spent my childhood growing up in "God's Country" Kootingal, NSW.
- I went to Kootingal Public School and then Farrer Memorial Agricultural High School. Samuel on the right
- I wanted to go to uni to open more doors for my future, to become more educated and to branch out into new unknown depths. I also wanted to meet a wide range of people that I could only meet at uni. I would never have had the chance otherwise. The encouragement I received from my family was a big part of my decision. Samuel Brazel and his father
- Why go to Uni?
- If someone asked me "Why go to uni?" I'd say to expand yourself, seek unknown depths, and do not be afraid to push yourself. You will be surprised how many life skills and lessons you will learn by going to university. It's not just a piece of paper.
- Sydney Uni
- I had a gap year after Year 12, so it did take some adjusting when I went to uni, getting back into the rhythm of studying and making sure I was on track. Uni requires a different kind of independence than I found on my gap year. Living at a residential college keeps me more focused than I ever could have imagined.
- By 2016
- Since coming to university I have made some amazing friends, had the chance to travel to New Zealand to represent my culture, secured two internships at top tier companies and I am on track to graduate at the end of this year.
Into the future I want to continue to give back to my community and hopefully secure a graduate offer at a top tier company.