Professorial and Academic Board Timeline
- 29 May 1853: First meeting of the Professorial Board
- 13 February 1857: A Proctorial Board, which had been established for the maintenance of discipline, met for the first time.
- The Professorial Board was renamed the Conference Board.
- The Conference Board was renamed the Board of Studies.
- May 1886: Senate adopted amended by-laws to amalgamate the two Boards - the Board of Studies and the Proctorial Board - under the name of the Professorial Board.
- 13 May 1886: The Professorial Board met for the first time.
- 18 June 1975: the Professorial Board was replaced by the enlarged Academic Board, a change aimed at opening up the senior academic deliberative body both to the non-professorial level of academic staff and to students.
- July 1989: Review of the Academic Board
- July 1995: Report on the second Review of the Academic Board
- October 1995: Senate considered the Report.
- 28 October 1996: Final meeting of the old Academic Board.
- November 1996: The first meeting of the new Academic Board.
- Review of the Academic Board
- University of Sydney (Academic Governance) Rule
- The Academic Forum, established as part of the Academic Board Review in 1995, was dissolved.
- January 2004: The Academic Board was reconstituted after a self-review.
- 12 December 2010: Associate Professor P McCallum appointed as Chair of the Academic Board.