This page contains the templates for proposals for new courses and amendments to existing courses, and associated information. If you are developing a new course proposal, please make sure you review the information on the Curriculum and Course Planning Committee website.
The policy for course approvals is contained in the Academic Board resolutions Creation, Variation and Deletion of Award Courses and Units of Study. This and other policies relevant to course development and amendment (e.g. "Award with Honours", "Parallel Teaching of Postgraduate and Undergraduate Students", etc.) can be accessed from the University's Policy Register.
For postgraduate coursework proposals: Please note the Revised University of Sydney (Coursework) Rule 2003 and its guidelines for postgraduate coursework degrees (see Division 9).
For postgraduate research proposals: Please refer to the University of Sydney (Higher Degree by Research) Rule 2011 for information on postgraduate research degrees.
Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
The Chair of the Academic Board has developed an AQF briefing paper. This paper outlines some of the main questions regarding compliance with the revised Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Course Proposal Templates
- Course Proposal Template for New and Amended Courses - updated 21 August 2014
- Deleted Course Proposal Template - updated 3 September 2012
- Minor Amendments - Report to Academic Board - updated 3 September 2012
- AQF Compliance checklist - please include with any major or minor amendment proposal
For information on creating plain English Resolutions for courses, please see the following two guides:
- Refer to the Curriculum and Course Planning Committee website.
- Course Proposals - ext 1 3306