This page contains the templates for proposals for new courses and amendments to existing courses, and associated information. If you are developing a new course proposal, please make sure you review the information on the Curriculum and Course Planning Committee website.
The policy for course approvals is contained in the Academic Board resolutions Creation, Variation and Deletion of Award Courses and Units of Study. This and other policies relevant to course development, such as the Coursework Policy 2014, can be accessed from the University's Policy Register.
For postgraduate research proposals: Please refer to the University of Sydney (Higher Degree by Research) Rule 2011 for information on postgraduate research degrees.
Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
The Chair of the Academic Board has developed an AQF briefing paper. This paper outlines some of the main questions regarding compliance with the revised Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Course Proposal Templates
- Course Management Template for New, Amended and Deleted Courses - updated 4 December 2014
- Minor Amendments - Report to Academic Board - updated 3 September 2012
- AQF Compliance checklist - please include with any major or minor amendment proposal
The Course Management Template is to be used for all new course proposals and all course deletion proposals, and for all major amendments to existing courses. The template combines sections relevant to the SEG Course and Curriculum Planning Committee (CCPC), required content for Sydney Student, and existing content from the Academic Board’s templates for proposals for new and amended courses. These changes arise from the implementation of Sydney Student which will require planning of Unit of Study collections (diets) as part of initial course development.
- Refer to the Curriculum and Course Planning Committee website.
- Last date for a submission of an EoI: 16 July 2015
- Last date for submission of subsequent new course proposal: 17 September 2015
- Course Proposals - ext 1 3306