Academic Board 17 August 2016
The Academic Board:
- received a proposal from the Sydney Conservatorium of Music to delete the Master of Music (Applied Research in Music Performance).
Reports from Faculties
The Academic Board approved the following minor course amendments:
- Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning: the amendment of the Bachelor of Architecture and Environments; Bachelor of Design in Architecture; Bachelor of Design Computing; Master of Urban and Regional Planning; Master of Heritage Conservation and Master of Urbanism;
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences: the amendment of the admission requirements of the Graduate Certificate in Economic Analysis;
- University of Sydney Business School: the amendment of the Bachelor of Commerce; Graduate Certificate in Transport Management; Master of Commerce; Graduate Diploma in Commerce; Master of Management;
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies: the amendment of the Bachelor of Project Management; Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Combined Degrees; Master of Data Science; Master of Professional Engineering (Biomedical); Master of Project Leadership;
- Faculty of Health Sciences: the amendment of the Master of Applied Science;
- Sydney Medical School: the amendment of the Master of Science in Medicine and related programs; Doctor of Medicine; Master of Medicine (HIV, STIs and Sexual Health); Master of Medicine (Pain Management); Graduate Certificate in Advanced Clinical Skills (Surgical Anatomy); Master of Surgery;
- Sydney Nursing School: the amendment of the Bachelor of Nursing Honours; Master of Advanced Nursing Practice, Master of Cancer and Haematology Nursing, Master of Emergency Nursing, Master of Intensive Care Nursing, Master of Mental Health Nursing and Master of Primary Health Care Nursing;
- Faculty of Pharmacy: the amendment of the Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Pharmacy and Management; Graduate Certificate in Pharmacy Practice; Master of Pharmacy;
- Faculty of Science: the amendment of the Bachelor of Science (Advanced)/Doctor of Dental Medicine;
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music: the amendment of the Bachelor of Music Studies/Doctor of Medicine; Doctor of Musical Arts and Master of Music.
The Academic Board approved:
- the introduction of Academic Honesty Procedures 2016;
- amendments to the Academic Honesty in Coursework Policy 2015;
- amendments to the Thesis and Examination of Higher Degree by Research Policy 2015;
- amendments to the Research Code of Conduct 2013;
- amendments to the Progress Planning and Review for Higher Degree by Research Students Policy 2015;
- amendments to the Coursework Policy 2014;
- amendments to the APA-UPA Ranking Guidelines; and
- amendments to the Essential Resources for Postgraduate Research Students Policy 2012.
The Academic Board also:
- discussed and approved the 2017 Meeting Schedule for the Academic Board and its Standing Committees;
- approved changes to the membership of the Academic Board and its Standing Committees;
- received a Report on Senate Matters from the Chair and from the Vice-Chancellor, arising from the Senate meeting of 4 July 2016;
- noted the General Report of the Chair, including updates on the Taskforce on Preparing more Indigenous Teachers at the University of Sydney; the Scholarships and Prizes and Simplification of Examinations Working Groups; the Review of the Academic Board; the involvement of the Academic Board in the implementation of the University’s Strategic Plan 2016-2020; preparations for the University’s 2018 TEQSA re-registration; a verbal update on the University’s Leadership Forum, held 20-21 July 2016; and
- noted the report of the student members of the Academic Board on Sydney College of the Arts, Academic Honesty Procedures, Special Consideration and Blackboard: Preferred Names.