Academic Board 16 September 2015
There were no proposals to introduce, delete or make major amendments to courses considered at this meeting.
Reports from Faculties:
The Academic Board approved the following proposals:
- University of Sydney Business School: the amendment of the Master of Business Administration;
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies: the amendment of the Civil Engineering stream of the Bachelor of Engineering Honours and the Bachelor of Project Management;
- Faculty of Medicine:: the amendment of the Master of Medicine, Master of Medicine (Advanced), Master of Science in Medicine, Master of Science in Medicine (Advanced), Graduate Diploma in Medicine, Graduate Diploma in Science in Medicine, Graduate Certificate in Medicine and Graduate Certificate in Science in Medicine and amendments to various tables of units of study; and
- Faculty of Science: the amendment of the Faculty Resolutions of the Faculty of Science.
The Academic Board approved an amendment to clause 101 of the Coursework Policy 2014.
The Academic Board also:
- noted advice from the Chair on a proposed amendment to the Assessment Procedures 2011 arising from discussions at the previous meeting;
- noted a presentation from the Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor on Organisation Design and the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan;
- approved the nomination of Dr Wayne Cotton as the representative of the Faculty of Education and Social Work on the Undergraduate Studies Committee for a term of membership expiring 31 December 2015;
- noted the update report on the work of the Academic Misconduct and Plagiarism Taskforce;
- note the 2014 University of Sydney Indicators of Perceived Quality of Student Learning Experiences and Graduate Outcomes;
- endorsed the formation of a taskforce to create an institution-wide discussion on optimal ways of delivering teacher education for Indigenous students;
- noted reports from the Higher Education Policy unit on the recent TEQSA provider roundtable, student fees and work integrated learning experiences for STEM students;
- noted the report of the Vice-Chancellor on the development of the 2016-2020 strategic plan, the Chair of the Academic Board’s work with the Academic Misconduct and Plagiarism Taskforce and the review of continuing education; a review (including a survey) on incidents of sexual harassment and assault at the University; and that he will be chairing the Group of Eight from 2016;
- approved a change to membership of the Board of Studies in Rural Management;
- recommended that Senate approve the amendments to the Senate Resolutions relating to the Constitution of the Faculty of Science with immediate effect;
- approved the amendment of the Schedule of approved Faculty variations noted the future amendment of the University of Sydney (Higher Degree by Research) Rule 2011 ;
- approved amendments to the ranking guidelines for the award of postgraduate scholarships; and
- endorsed the Intellectual Property Policy 2015.