Academic Board 28 October 2015
The Academic Board approved proposals to introduce, delete or amend the following courses:
- Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning: the deletion of the streams in Architectural and Urban Design and Urban Design and Planning from the Master of Urban Design.
Reports from Faculties
The Academic Board approved the following proposals:
- Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning: the amendment of the Master of Philosophy and the elective units of study for the Master of Heritage Conservation and Graduate Diploma in Heritage Conservation;
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences: the amendment of the Master of Creative Writing;
- University of Sydney Business School: the amendment of the Faculty Resolutions;
- Faculty of Dentistry: the amendment of the Doctor of Clinical Dentistry;
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies: the amendment of the Bachelor of Engineering Honours Combined Degree Resolutions;
- Faculty of Health Sciences: the amendment of the English language requirements for the Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy), Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy, Master of Physiotherapy and Master of Occupational Therapy;
- Faculty of Law: the amendment of units of study in the Bachelor of Laws and various postgraduate degrees;
- Faculty of Medicine:: the amendment of the Master of Medicine, Master of Medicine (Advanced), Master of Science in Medicine, Master of Science in Medicine (Advanced), Graduate Diploma in Medicine, Graduate Diploma in Science in Medicine, Graduate Certificate in Medicine and Graduate Certificate in Science in Medicine; and
- Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery: the amendment of the Bachelor of Nursing (Honours); Master of Advanced Nursing Practice, Master of Cancer and Haematology Nursing, Master of Emergency Nursing, Master of Intensive Care Nursing, Master of Mental Health Nursing, Master of Primary Health Care Nursing, Graduate Diploma in Advanced Nursing Practice, Graduate Diploma in Cancer and Haematology Nursing, Graduate Diploma in Emergency Nursing, Graduate Diploma in Intensive Care Nursing, Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing and Graduate Diploma in Primary Health Care Nursing; and
- Sydney College of the Arts: the amendment of the Bachelor of Visual Arts (Honours) and the Master of Fine Arts.
The Academic Board:
- approved the introduction of the Progress Planning and Review for Higher Degree by Research Students Policy and Procedures 2015;
- approved the amendment of the Thesis and Examination of Higher Degree by Research Policy and Procedures 2015;
- endorsed the draft Student Placement Policy 2015.
The Academic Board also:
- noted the presentation from the Chair on the two reports arising from the Vice-Chancellor's Task Force on Academic Misconduct and Plagiarism;
- appointed various academic staff members nominated by their deans to fill casual vacancies for the term 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2017;
- noted the reports on the 2015 Academic Board elections for academic staff and student members;
- noted the schedule of meeting dates for 2016;
- noted the report of the Acting Vice-Chancellor on the organisational design strategy discussion paper and the upcoming Cultural Leaders Forum;
- recommended that Senate approve the amendments to the Senate Resolutions relating to the Constitution of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences with immediate effect;
- approved requests from the Faculty of Education and Social Work, the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery and the Faculty of Veterinary Science to amend their semester dates for 2016;
- approved amendments to the terms of reference of the Admissions Committee;
- approved a revised schedule recognising the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) as an entry pathway to the University;
- noted the second report of the Academic Misconduct and Plagiarism Taskforce "An Approach to Minimising Academic Misconduct and Plagiarism at the University of Sydney - Part 2: Staff Support, Student Research Misconduct, Penalties an Cultural Change" and endorsed in principle all four further Taskforce recommendations with a view to implementation by the start of 2017;
- approved the report of the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery Review; and
- noted the 2014 Annual Report of the Learning Centre.