Academic Board 13 May 2015
The Academic Board approved proposals to introduce, delete or amend the following courses:
- University of Sydney Business School: the renaming of the Master of Logistics Management, Master of Logistics Management/Master of Transport Management, Graduate Diploma in Logistics Management and Graduate Certificate in Logistics Management as the Master of Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Master of Logistics and Supply Chain Management/Master of Transport Management, Graduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and Graduate Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management; and
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies: the introduction of the Master of Data Science and Graduate Certificate in Data Science.
Reports from Faculties:
The Academic Board approved the following proposals:
- Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning: the amendment of the Faculty Resolutions for the Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning;
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences: the amendment of the Diploma of Arts, the Diploma of Languages, the Diploma of Social Sciences and the Graduate Diploma in Economics;
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies: the amendment of the Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical Stream), the table of units of study for the Master of Professional Engineering (Chemical and Biomolecular) and the Master of Project Management;
- Faculty of Law: the amendment of the Juris Doctor;
- Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery: the amendment of the Bachelor of Nursing (Post-Registration) and the Master of Nursing (Graduate Entry), and the approval of the request to exceed the credit limits described in clause 44.3 of the Coursework Policy 2014;
- Faculty of Veterinary Science: the amendment of the table of units of study for the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and the Master of Veterinary Studies/Master of Veterinary Clinical Studies.
The Academic Board:
- approved amendments to the Coursework Policy 2014 related to transitional arrangements for domestic applicants; and
- endorsed amendments to the University of Sydney (Academic Governance) Rule 2003 (as amended).
The Academic Board also:
- approved the nomination of Ms Angela Rose to membership of the Academic Board as the student representative of the Faculty of Education and Social Work;
- approved nominations to membership of the Academic Board’s standing committees for 2015;
- endorsed the report of the Academic Board’s activities in 2014 for submission to Senate;
- noted the reports from the Higher Education Policy unit on the Productivity Commission Report on International Education Services and the Intergenerational Report 2015;
- noted the report of the Provost on the development of the new strategic plan, and the impact of the 2015-2016 Federal Budget on the higher education sector;
- approved the amendment of the flexible entry criteria for admission to the degrees of Bachelor of Education (Primary), Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Human Movement and Health Education), Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Mathematics)/BSc and Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Science)/BSc;
- approved the amendment of the Assumed Knowledge and Special Entry Requirements referenced in clause 49 of the Coursework Policy 2014;
- approved the recognition of the Malaysian Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) as an entry pathway to the University;
- noted the Undergraduate Studies Committee’s consideration of the 2013 faculty reports on the award of honours; and
- noted the rescission of the New Appointments Scheme.