We would like to thank those members of the community who have taken the time to share their views on the future of the Abercrombie Precinct.
The University is committed to creating a sustainable environment that contributes to the revitalisation of the Darlington and Redfern neighbourhoods, while also respecting the existing fabric of the local community.
Community feedback is an integral part of the process and you have helped us improve and finalise our plans for the Abercrombie Precinct.
Consultation activities included:
- one-on-one meetings and workshops with community, residential groups, neighbouring schools, council and agency stakeholders
- community information sessions, providing up-to-date project information, question-and-answer sessions and visual displays (December 2011, February and August 2012)
- an information stall at the Eveleigh Markets in February and September 2012
- community workshops in May 2013
- regular website and newsletter updates
- a community liaison officer.
We will continue to consult with and update the local community as the project progresses.