We aim to establish the Abercrombie Precinct as a landmark in sustainability that achieves high benchmarks for energy efficiency, water efficiency and indoor environmental quality.
We are committed to achieving a minimum five-star rating (based on the Green Star benchmark rating system for education) for the new Business School building.
Sustainability initiatives for the redevelopment include:
- the number of parking spaces permitted under City of Sydney design codes
- a large number of bicycle parking spaces
- a high degree of natural light in teaching and learning spaces
- potential for natural ventilation within the building
- investigation of trigen/cogen (energy generation) opportunities, which will provide a precinct-wide approach to energy supply for University buildings in close proximity.