Disability Action Plan Consultative Committee
The DAP Consultative Committee and the DAP SEG Sub-Committee are responsible for the implementation and oversight of the University's DAP.
The DAP Consultative Committee aims to:
- Support the implementation of all 6 objectives of the Disability Action Plan 2013 – 18, which includes improving access and participation of staff and students with disability to all areas of the University
- Undertake projects of work as received from the DAP SEG Sub-Committee
- Act as a forum for staff and students to raise key issues regarding access and participation for staff and students with a disability at the University
- Forward for consideration to the DAP SEG Sub-Committee items relevant to its business
This committee will provide information and advice to the DAP SEG Sub-Committee and assist the committee and SEG in the execution of their activities. The DAP Consultative Committee will consult with its representative constituents and bring issues to the table for consideration.
The DAP SEG Sub-Committee aims to:
- Prioritise the recommendations of the DAP with respect to planning the implementation of the recommendations and advise on the appropriate budget allocations for the annual implementation plan
- Oversee, review, evaluate and report on the outcomes, as set out in the DAP
- Monitor and assist the development and implementation of local Faculty and business unit DAPs.
- Provide quarterly reports to the Senior Executive Group on the progress of implementation of the DAP and signal outstanding issues for resolution.
- Conduct an annual survey of staff and students to monitor and evaluate the success of the DAP, including measures of the culture of inclusivity within the University.
- Receive from and send to other sub-committees of SEG, including Divisional Boards, reports as appropriate.
The committees will meet twice per semester for the duration of the DAP.
If you would like more information about the committees please contact Louise Bannerman, Project Implementation Officer – Disability Action Plan, by email or phone:
- (02) 8627 8526.