The Fisher Library is the major hub in the university’s library network. Internationally recognised collections and services are available, as well as a wide range of learning, teaching and research facilities for extended hours.
The redevelopment is providing a variety of high quality integrated learning environments that match the future needs of students and the University as a whole.
Key to the design of the new spaces is the integration of world class physical and IT infrastructure to enable innovative, inquiry-based learning.
The project consists of upgrades to:
- Level 2 - the development of multipurpose zones combining flexible student learning facilities.
- Level 3 - an ICT collaborative multimedia learning centre, 24hr knowledge access centre/cafe and service hub on the entry.
- Level 4 - consolidation of individual study spaces for intensive and reflective learning.
These upgrades will be supported by an extended and improved high speed data network.
The upgrade will provide:
- high quality infrastructure to support a wide variety of learning styles and scenarios, enabling collaboration and networking.
- access to communication and knowledge resources enabling partnerships with specialist staff.
- flexible venues for research training to support successful lifelong learning in an environment of constant change.
- the ability to provide high quality library services to a growing population of active, tech- savy students with 24/7 learning lifestyles
- the ability to move seamlessly between learning spaces
- easy, extended access to high quality technology and services.
For further information on the project, please visit the Fisher Library website.