The University of Sydney is committed to a healthy and sustainable campus environment. We are implementing strategies to reduce the University’s environmental footprint and improve the sustainability of our campuses.
Our key initiatives aim to:
- Improve energy and water efficiency
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Promote cost-effective and more sustainable energy supply to campuses
- Improve campus resource recovery and recycling rates to minimise waste disposal
- Incorporate practical sustainability measures in the design of new buildings and infrastructure
- Deliver infrastructure to promote sustainable active transport and promoting policies to encourage public transport
- Enhance campus biodiversity
- Engage the University community on sustainability issues to influence better environmental behaviour
- Network and collaborate with other leading universities to advance sustainability in the tertiary education sector
Do you have a great idea to help improve the sustainability of the campus or have a general question? Your comments are important to us, please contact the .