The University of Sydney is committed to a healthy and sustainable campus environment. We are implementing strategies to reduce the University’s environmental footprint and improve the sustainability of our campuses.
- Improve energy and water efficiency
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Promote cost-effective and more sustainable energy supply to campuses
- Improve campus resource recovery and recycling rates to minimise waste disposal
- Incorporate practical sustainability measures in the design of new buildings and infrastructure
- Deliver infrastructure to promote sustainable active transport and promoting policies to encourage public transport
- Enhance campus biodiversity
- Engage the University community on sustainability issues to influence better environmental behaviour
- Network and collaborate with other leading universities to advance sustainability in the tertiary education sector
Get involved in the University's upcoming sustainability initiatives and events, including Rusty Riders courses and Ride2Uni Day, and see how our actions can help reduce our environmental impact.
Do you have a great idea to help improve the sustainability of the campus or have a general question? Your comments are important to us, please contact the .