We live for ideas
Big ones. Small ones. Scary ones. Inspirational ones. 'Why-haven't-we-thought-of-this-before?' ones. Ideas are the engine that powers the world, and we're incredibly proud to be in the driver's seat for some of them. Our principal partnership with TEDxSydney aims to help bring these world changing ideas to life, and continue encouraging brilliant thinking.
TEDxSydney was held on Saturday 4 May at the Sydney Opera House in front of a live audience of over 2000 people. The event featured a selection of Australia’s leading thinkers, storytellers and performers.
Read our news coverage of the event here. Edited versions of 2013 talks will be available in the coming weeks.
1. Audience members line up at the Sydney Opera House. Photo by Halans
2. University chocolate display. Photo by Daniel Boud.
3. Audience members on stage. Photo by Fe Lumsdaine
4. Janne Ryan and Adam Spencer. Photo by David Clare, First Light Photography.
5. Emeritus Professor Ron McCallum. Photo by David Clare, First Light Photography.
6. Simon Jackman. Photo by David Clare, First Light Photography.
The University is a proud supporter of TEDxSydney as a forum for the exchange of ideas but has no role in selecting TEDx speakers. Views expressed by TEDx speakers do not necessarily reflect the views of the University.