Contractor Online Induction
The University of Sydney is committed to providing a safe working environment. This commitment extends to all contractors, subcontractors and suppliers of services to our campuses and properties.
This responsibility includes monitoring contractors to ensure work is conducted in a safe manner and that the workplace is maintained in a safe condition.
The Contractor online Induction has been developed to outline the requirements for contractors undertaking works (construction, maintenance, etc) for or on behalf of the University.
As a prior condition to commencing any work within one of our campuses, contractors are required to complete the Contractor online Induction (please follow the steps below) to ensure an understanding of the university’s OHS management systems and to provide specific rules for working on site.
Any failure to follow these rules at all times while on site can result in:
- you or others around you being harmed or suffering injuries
- your immediate removal from the site
- your company’s removal from the University site
- your company’s removal of the University’s Contractors List
- you / your company being fined and/or prosecuted by WorkCover
To complete the Contractor Online Induction, please follow the steps below:
- Read instructions on how to complete the Online Contractor Induction (PDF 408KB).
- Register online
- Email a copy of your white card to
- Following your online registration and the receipt of your White Card, you will receive a confirmation email with your username and password.
- Log on with your username and password.
- Complete the online induction. It should take approximately one hour to complete.
- A pass mark of 80% is required for a Contractor ID card to be issued.
- Following the successful completion of your induction, your Contractor ID Card will be ready within two working days.
Technical requirements - While this induction runs on most web browsers, Internet Explorer is the recommended browser. Disable the pop-up blocker on your browser before starting the induction program.
Contractor identification cards
Contractors are unable to proceed with works on any University of Sydney campus or property without successfully completing the online induction.
Contractor identification cards can be collected from:
University of Sydney
Services Building (G12)
Level 1, 22 Codrington Street
Please ensure you bring photographic proof of identity, on collection of your contractor identification card.
Please note: Contractors from our remote campuses, can make alternative arrangements for the collection of their cards by emailing or calling the Campus Assist Helpdesk on 9351 7838.
Contractor Induction Handbook
The Contractor Induction Handbook is a downloadable PDF file of the information provided in the Contractor Online Induction. Download a copy for your reference.
Download the CIS Contractor Induction Handbook (PDF 410KB)