Information technology help
You can find basic IT support information on these pages. If you are a staff member, log in to the intranet for IT support. Students can use the Student IT website.
In all cases, you can ring the ICT helpdesk on +61 2 9351 6000, or on 16000 from an internal line.
- Service interruptions and scheduled changes
- Wireless access for visitors
- UniKey - account expiry
- UniKey - forgotten password
- Synchronising your UniKey
- Audiovisual equipment in University venues
- Recording a lecture in university venues
All ICT services are operational.
Please contact the ICT Helpdesk if you would like to report a service interruption.
Visitors of the University can use the University guest wireless network wherever there is wireless coverage on campus.
If you are a visitor and need to use the guest wireless network, you will need to enable WI-FI on your device and connect to the UniSydney-Guest wireless network. To connect:
- Enable wireless on your device.
- Connect to UniSydney-Guest wireless. Open an internet browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. If you are not prompted, visit https://auth.wireless.sydney.edu.au/guest/guest.php and type in your Username and Password.
- If you have already been given account details by the person you are visiting, enter them in the Username and Password fields and you will be granted network access.
- If you have not been given account details, click on Create Account and you will be directed to the enrolment page.
- In the Sponsor's Email field, enter the email address of the person you are visiting. Please note that only email addresses ending in usyd.edu.au or sydney.edu.au will be accepted.
- Complete the required fields as appropriate and click Register.
- You will now see a display of your login details and you will be advised that your account is disabled pending approval by the person you are visiting.
- When your user account is approved, you will receive an SMS or email with your login details.
- Follow steps 1 to 4 above to be granted network access.
The University has a number of venues equipped with audiovisual equipment to support your seminar/lecture. This includes equipment such as:
- Data projectors with dual projection
- Visualisers (document cameras)
- Interactive screens
- User-friendly touch panels
- Student interactive kits
- Lecture recording tools
For specific information about a venue, please check the equipment listing by venue spreadsheet (XLS 230KB).
To book a venue, please visit the University venues booking website.
If you need help using the AV equipment in your venue call (02) 9351 6000 (16000 from internal phones) and select option 2. You can also watch these videos to help you use University AV systems in teaching venues across campus.
The University uses a program called Echo360 to record lectures. If you are a visiting lecturer at the University, ask the staff member who has organised your visit to arrange lecture recording for you.
Where a visiting lecturer presents as part of a series that is pre-booked for recording, your lapel microphone and screen will be automatically recorded.
If recording has not been pre-booked, you can record your lecture or presentation using the Echosystem Personal Capture software on computers in University venues. Once complete, you can copy the recording to a USB stick.