Information technology help
If you are a temporary guest or visitor to the University, you can find IT support information on these pages. If you are a staff member, log in to the Intranet for IT support. Students can use the Student IT website.
In all cases, you can ring the ICT helpdesk on +61 2 9351 6000, or on 16000 from an internal line.
- Wireless access for visitors
- Helpdesk contact details
- UniKey account expiry
- Audiovisual equipment in University venues
Visitors of the University can use the University guest wireless network wherever there is wireless coverage on campus.
If you are a visitor and need to use the guest wireless network, you will need to enable WI-FI on your device and connect to the UniSydney-Guest wireless network. To connect:
- Enable wireless on your device.
- Connect to UniSydney-Guest wireless.
- Open an internet browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. You should now be asked for a Username and Password.
- If you have already been given account details by the person you are visiting, enter them in the Username and Password fields and you will be granted network access.
- If you have not been given account details, click on Create Account and you will be directed to the enrolment page.
- In the Sponsor's Email field, enter the email address of the person you are visiting. Please note that only email addresses ending in usyd.edu.au or sydney.edu.au will be accepted.
- Complete the required fields as appropriate and click Register.
- You will now see a display of your login details and you will be advised that your account is disabled pending approval by the person you are visiting.
- When your user account is approved, you will receive an SMS or email with your login details.
- Follow steps 1 to 4 above to be granted network access.
For urgent matters, contact the ICT Helpdesk on +61 2 9351 6000 (or x16000 from internal phones). Phone lines are open from 8:00am to 9:00pm Monday to Friday.
You can receive help from ICT staff by visiting one of our Access Labs. Find your nearest Access Lab.
The ICT helpdesk can be sent an email at . They will endeavour to reply as soon as possible. For urgent matters, we recommend that you call the number above.
If you cannot scan and email a document/image to the ICT helpdesk, you can fax through details regarding your enquiry to: +61 2 9351 6004.
If you cannot contact the ICT helpdesk by phone, email or fax, you can mail information to:
C/O Merewether Building H04
University of Sydney, NSW 2006
UniKey accounts are issued to staff, contractors, students and some affiliates and Honorary title holders of the University of Sydney and are only available to people as long as they have a current affiliation with the University. In most cases accounts are expired as a result of information gathered from the University's HR and Student Records systems.
Note: For continuing staff members, your UniKey account will automatically be reactivated once you receive a new employment contract.
For affiliates, honorary title holders and contractors, the expiry date is set at the time of account creation and must be updated manually.
How do I request a UniKey account extension?
For information on how to request an extension of your UniKey account, please click on the link below which best describes your situation.
- I am a student
- My Expiry notice indicates I am in a billing group
- I was a student but am now employed as a staff member
- I am a contractor
- I am an affiliate of the University
- I am an honorary title holder
- I am neither a staff member or student
If you urgently need to have your UniKey extended, please contact the ICT Helpdesk on 9351 6000 and the helpdesk will extend your account for two weeks to give HR or your unit/faculty time to arrange a more permanent extension.
The University has a number of venues equipped with audiovisual equipment to support your seminar/lecture. This includes equipment such as:
- Data projectors with dual projection
- Visualisers (document cameras)
- Interactive screens
- User-friendly touch panels
- Student interactive kits
- Lecture recording tools
For specific information about a venue, please check the equipment listing by venue spreadsheet (XLS 230KB).
To book a venue, please visit the University venues booking website.
If you need help using the AV equipment in your venue call (02) 9351 6000 (16000 from internal phones) and select option 2. You can also watch these videos to help you use University AV systems in teaching venues across campus.