Dr Baptiste Gault
Ph: + 61 2 9351 7548
Fax: + 61 2 9351 7682
- PhD Physics and Materials Science (University of Rouen, France, 2006)
- M.Sc Materials Science (University of Rouen, France, 2003)
- M.Sc Physics and Chemistry (University of Rouen, France, 2002)
- B.Sc Physics and Chemistry (University of Paris 7, France, 2001)
After a PhD dedicated to the development of ultrafast laser assisted atom probe tomography, Dr Baptiste Gault took of Atom Probe Scientist at the Electron Microscope Unit of the University of Sydney in 2007. There he developed an expertise in tomographic reconstruction for atom probe, and collaborated on various materials science related project. Dr Baptiste Gault then obtained a Marie Curie Fellowship early in 2009 and joined the University of Oxford to initiate a project focused on bridging the gap between microstructure and thermoelectric performance. After 18 months, Dr Baptiste Gault moved back to Sydney to join the ACMM in a new role of Nuclear Materials Scientist, a joint position with ANSTO.
Dr Baptiste Gault works in close collaboration with Profs. Simon Ringer Lyndon Edwards to investigate the microstructure and chemistry down to the atomic level of materials relevant to the nuclear industry and the nuclear fuel cycle. This is achieved via a combination of microscopy and microanalysis techniques, in particular atom probe tomography and electron microscopy.
Other research interests
Tomographic reconstruction, development of data-treatment methodologies for atom probe microscopy.
- B. Gault, E. A. Marquis, D. W. Saxey, G. M. Hughes, D. Mangelinck, E. S. Toberer, G. J. Snyder High-resolution nanostructural investigation of Zn4Sb3 alloys Scripta Mat. 63 (7) 784-787 (2010).
- F. Tang, B. Gault, S.P. Ringer, P. Martin, A. Bendavid, J.M. Cairney Microstructural investigation of Ti-Si-N nanocomposite coatings Scripta Mat. 63(2) 192-195 (2010).
- B. Gault, W. Yang, K.R. Ratinac, R. Zheng, F. Braet, S.P. Ringer Atom probe microscopy of self-assembled monolayers: preliminary results Langmuir 26(8) 5291–5294 (2010).
- B.Gault, M.P. Moody, F. de Geuser, D. Haley, L.T. Stephenson, S.P. Ringer Origin of the spatial resolution in atom probe microscopy Appl. Phys. Lett. 95, 034103 (2009).
- B. Gault, M.P. Moody, F. de Geuser, G. Tsafnat, A. La Fontaine, L.T. Stephenson, D. Haley, S.P. Ringer Advances in the calibration of atom probe tomographic reconstruction J. Appl. Phys. 105 034913 (2009).
B. Gault, F. de Geuser, L.T. Stephenson, M.P. Moody, B.C. Muddle, S.P. Ringer, Estimation of the reconstruction parameters for atom probe tomography Microsc. Microanal. 14, 296–305, (2008).
B. Gault, F. Vurpillot, A. Vella, M. Gilbert, A. Menand, D. Blavette, B. Deconihout Design of a femtosecond laser assisted tomographic atom probe Rev. Sci. Instr. 77, 043705