Dr Hongwei Liu
Ph: + 61 2 9351 4069
Fax: + 61 2 9351 7682
Ph.D., 2003, South China University of Technology ( SCUT)
- Visiting Fellow (2010.10-2011.4), Sydney University, Australia
- Research Fellow (2010.5-2011.4), Griffith University, Australia
- Visiting Fellow (2006.9-2007.8; 2009.5-2013.4), Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Prof, Materials Science and engineering, Guangxi University, China
- Postdoc (2003.9-2005.11), Nanjing University, China
Dr Liu is a TEM specialist who is supporting training and user support efforts on all TEMs, and may well be assisting users with any TEM-related problems at ACMM.
He supports users in their research and develop a user portfolio that demonstrates a quality user experience and effective user outcomes in the development and application of TEM-based techniques.
He also provides instruction to attendees of the TEM training course as well as participate in and assist with the preparation, design delivery of user training courses, coursework programs and special workshops.
Dr Liu also develops novel TEM solutions for users, where these are at the specimen preparation, and microscopy, microanalysis, and image analysis or interpretation phase of user experiments.
Develop crystallographic software for materials science and engineering.
Crystallography of phase transformations
Characterization for structure and morphologies of nanocrystals and nanomateirals
Microstructures and properties of metals, alloys and intermetallics.
- H.W. Liu, Z.F. Zheng, D.J. Yang, X.B. Ke, E. JAATINEN, J.C. Zhao, H.Y. Zhu. Coherent Interfaces between crystals in nanocrystal composites. ACS Nano, 2010, 4 (10), 6219–6227. IF: 7.495
- H.W. Liu, D.J. Yang, E.R. Waclawik, X.B. Ke, Z.F. Zheng, H.Y. Zhu, R.L. Frost. A Raman spectroscopic study on the active site of sodium cations in the structure of Na2Ti3O7 during the adsorption of Sr2+ and Ba2+ cations. J. Raman Spectrosc. 2010, 41(12), 1502-1506. IF: 3.526.
- H.W. Liu, Z.F. Zheng, D.J. Yang, X.B. Ke, H.Y. Zhu, R.L. Frost. A Raman spectroscopic and TEM study on the structural evolution of Na2Ti3O7 during the transition to Na2Ti6O13. J. Raman Spectrosc. 2010, 41, 1331–1337. IF: 3.526.
- H.W. Liu, Z.F. Zheng, D.J. Yang, E.R. Waclawik, X.B. Ke, H.Y. Zhu, R.L. Frost. A Raman spectroscopic study on the allocation of adsorbing sites and structural derivation of H2Ti3O7 nanofibre during the adsorbing of ammonia. J. Raman Spectrosc. 2010, 41(12), 1311-1315. IF: 3.526.
- H.W Liu, E.R Waclawik, Z.F. Zheng, D.J. Yang, X.B. Ke, H.Y. Zhu, R.L. Frost. TEM Investigation and FBB model explanation to the Phase Relationships between Titanates and Titanium Dioxides. J. Phys. Chem. C 2010, 114, 11430–11434. IF: 4.224.
- H.W. Liu, Eric R. Waclawik, C.P. Luo. A simplified invariant line analysis for face-centred cubic/body-centred cubic precipitation systems. J. Appl. Cryst. 2010, 43, 448-454. IF: 3.018.
- D.J. Yang, H.W.Liu, Z.F. Zheng, Y.Yuan, J.C.Zhao, E.R. Waclawik, X.B. Ke, H.Y. Zhu. An efficient photocatalyst structure, TiO2(B) nanofibers with a shell of anatase nanocrystals. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 17885-17893. IF: 8.091.