Dr Paul Xu
Light & Optical Microscopist
Ph: + 61 2 9351 7527
Fax: + 61 2 9351 7682
B.Sc, 1992, Tsinghua University
M.Eng, 1999, University of Sydney
Ph.D, 2004, University of Sydney
Paul started working with optics using laser Doppler effect in fluid mechanics. After finishing PhD, he took an offer as research scientist in the US, after which a professor and an associate dean in China; he also served as a technical officer in a solar-power company.
Applying conventional optical microscopy, confocal laser scanning microscopy, multi photon light microscopy, fluorescence lifetime imaging, total-internal-reflection fluorescence, ground-state depletion optical super-resolution imaging to study what's happening in the 20nm - 200um world.
- P. Xu, E. Kable, CJR. Sheppard, G. Cox, Optical second harmonic generation microscopy under circularly polarized beam, Chinese Opt Lett. Vol.08 , Issue 02 , 213-216, (2010)
- P. Xu, X. Wen, Z. Zheng, G. Cox and H. Zhu, Two-photon optical characteristics of zinc oxide in bulk, low dimensional and nanoforms, J of luminescence, Vol 126, Issue 2, 641-643, (2007)
- Eung-Ho Choi, Mao-Qiang Man, Pu Xu, Shujun Xin, Zhili Liu, Debra A Crumrine, Yan J Jiang, Joachim W Fluhr, Kenneth R Feingold, Peter M Elias and Theodora M Mauro，Stratum Corneum Acidification Is Impaired in Moderately Aged Human and Murine Skin J. Invest. Derm. Vol 127, Issue 12, 2847-56 (2007)
- P Xu, X Wen, Z Zheng, E Kable, G Cox, H Zhu, Two-photon optical characteristics of zinc oxide in bulk, low-dimensional and nano-forms, SPIE Proc Photonics and Optics, Vol 5931, 220-225, (2005)
- P. Xu, G. Cox, J. Ramshaw, P. Lukins, C. Sheppard. Polarization effect of the SHG of collagen. Proc SPIE Photonics West, Vol 5323, 343-352, (2004)
- X.M. Wen, P. Xu, P. Lukins, N. Ohno. Confocal two-photon spectroscopy of red mercuric iodide. Applied Physics Letters, 83(3), 425-427 (2003)
- P. Lukins, P. Xu, S. Rehman and C.J.R. Sheppard, Comparison of Two-Photon Optical Microscopies: Second-Harmonic and Fluorescence Imaging. Science, Technology and Education of Microscopy: an Overview, Editor: A. Mendez-Vilas, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 712-719. ISBN 84-607-6698-5 (2002)