Dr PAMELA A. YOUNG
Light & Optical Microscopist
Ph: + 61 2 9351 7527
Fax: + 61 2 9351 7682
B.Sc Hons. (Physics), 2003, Indiana University
B.Sc (Mathematics), 2003, Indiana University
Laboratory for Optical and Computational Instrumentation, University of Wisconsin,
Postdoctoral Fellow, Co-Mentors Kevin Eliceiri and Patricia Keely, 2010-2013
Indiana Center for Biological Microscopy, Indiana University School of Medicine, Ph.D., 2004-2010
Polymer Technology Systems, Inc., Scientist/Quality Control, 2003-2004
Indiana University Cyclotron Facility, Laboratory Assistant, 2002-2003
WonderLab Museum of Science, Health & Technology, Undergraduate Assistant, 2002-2003
Indiana University Mathematics Department, Undergraduate Intern, 2001-2003
Multiphoton fluorescence excitation microscopy, live cell imaging, intravital imaging, fluorescence lifetime imaging, image analysis, imaging technique development
Dr. Young is a light and optical microscopist specializing in fluorescence microscopy, especially multiphoton fluorescence excitation techniques. She works with users to design optimal experiments for their research questions using the light and optical microscopes available at the ACMM. She also trains and supports these users on the light and optical microscopes at the ACMM as well as assisting in the design of training courses and workshops.
- Young, P.A., Grislis, A, Barber, P.R., Keely, P.J., Eliceiri, K.W. Data Processing for Time-Domain Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging Microscopy, in Proceedings of Microscopy and Microanalysis 2013, Indianapolis, IN, USA, August 4-8, 2013.
- Young, P.A., Nazir, M., Szulczewski, M., Keely, P.J., Eliceiri, K.W. Second Harmonic Generation and Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging Microscopy Through A Rodent Mammary Imaging Window. Photonics West: Biomedical Optics (BiOS) 2012, San Francisco, CA, USA, January 21-26, 2012.
- Young, P. A., S. G. Clendenon, J. M. Byars, R. S. Decca, K. W. Dunn. The Effects of Spherical Aberration on Multiphoton Fluroescence Excitation Microscopy. Journal of Microscopy, Volume 242, Issue 2, May 2011, 157-165.
- Young, P. A., S. G. Clendenon, J. M. Byars, K. W. Dunn. The Effects of Refractive Index Heterogeneity within Kidney Tissue on Multiphoton Fluorescence Excitation Microscopy. Journal of Microscopy, Volume 242, Issue 2, May 2011, 148-156.
- Clendenon, S.G., P.A. Young, M. Ferkowicz, C. Phillips, K.W. Dunn. Deep tissue fluorescent imaging in scattering specimen. Microscopy and Microanalysis, Volume 17, Issue 4, August 2011, 614-617.
- Muriello*, P.A., K.W. Dunn. Improving Signal Levels in Intravital Multiphoton Microscopy using an Objective Correction Collar. Optics Communications, Volume 281, Issue 7, 1 April 2008, Pages 1806-1812. *married name
- Dunn, K.W. and P.A. Young, Principles of multiphoton microscopy. Nephron Exp Nephrol, 2006. 103(2): p. e33-40.
Back to top