2016 Alumni Awards
Faculty of Agriculture & Environment Alumni Achievement Award nominations now open.
The University of Sydney’s Faculty of Agriculture & Environment Alumni Achievement Awards honour some of Australia’s foremost thinkers and brightest achievers by recognising and celebrating how their exceptional contributions, innovation and generosity of spirit have enriched the lives of others.
You can nominate a graduate who deserves to be recognised for one of the below Faculty of Agriculture & Environment Alumni Achievement Awards:
- Alumni Award for Cultural Contribution
- Alumni Award for Service to Humanity
- Alumni Award for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Alumni Award for International Achievement
- Alumni Award for Professional Achievement
- Outstanding achievements of Young Alumni
For guidelines and FAQs, please see below. Nominations close on 4 March 2016.
Nomination Guidelines and FAQs
The following guidelines will help you to complete the nomination process, including any questions you may have about submitting the nomination form online. Applications that provide all documentation are more likely to be successful.
- Only alumni (graduates of the University of Sydney), or University of Sydney students who have met their degree requirements may be nominated
- Nominations must be made by another person (you cannot self-nominate)
- It is the responsibility of the nominator to select the category they wish to enter their nomination. An individual may only be nominated for one category
- All applications must be submitted online
- Please note the online form is single-use and cannot be saved
- The online nomination forms will time out after 60 minutes of inactivity
- Please ensure you complete your response within this time
- We recommend you review the nomination form prior to submitting the nominations. This will provide you with the opportunity to draft your responses in a word document and collect all supporting materials (including resume and reference/recommendation letters) before working through the form
- Ensure you review all the information before submitting the form. If you leave out any mandatory fields or refresh the form, all of your attachments will be removed by default and will need to be re-attached
- The size of your attachments will affect the speed of the upload and form submission – we recommend you keep attachments to less than 2MB each
- Be clear and concise in your responses in the nominee information statement section, as there is word limit for each response
- You will receive an automatic response email once you submit the form with a copy of your nomination. Please keep this for your records
- If you experience issues submitting the online nomination form, please contact Frances Roqueza via .
- Nominations for the Alumni Achievement Awards close on Friday 4 March at 5pm (AEST). Nominations received after the deadline will not be considered.
Guidance for Alumni Achievement Awards
Please find below some further guidance for the Alumni Achievement Awards to assist you in the nomination process. The below are not exhaustive examples of the types of activities which fall under the categories.
“Cultural Contribution” may include creative arts and literature, elements of design and architecture, cultural education, contribution of, or to, other cultures or the understanding of them.
“Service to Humanity” may include activities such as, volunteering, philanthropy and service to community.
“Innovation and Entrepreneurship” may include sustainability and technology, elements of design and architecture and creative new ideas for industry.
“International Achievement” includes achievements on the world stage. This could be either a one off significant impact or an ongoing contribution. This could include both professional and community achievements.
“Professional Achievement” may include alumni who achieve in industry, professional, and research sectors. This category is very wide in recognising achievements from an individual’s profession.
“Young Alumni” has a broad scope, and recognises what younger alumni have achieved in their shorter career span. Note the age limit has increased from 30 to 35 at close of entries.
If you have any further questions please email .