Objectives of the PA Laboratory
- To continue to review the current knowledge in, and the application technology pertaining to, precision agriculture and ascertain the relevance to Australian agricultural industries.
- To identify the necessary research that will enable evaluation of agronomic practices and recommendations for Site-Specific Crop Management relative to the economic and environmental consequences of its adoption.
- To identify equipment development and technology transfer needs.
- To help facilitate co-ordinated research among interested departments and organisations.
- To investigate the application of a Precision Agriculture philosophy to post harvest processes and thereby increase total quality management.
- To ensure good science and Precision Agriculture research and assure quality educational opportunities for interested users.
- To communicate information about precision agriculture across disciplines, between the research community, industry, farmers, policy-makers and students.