Cereal rust services
The following services are provided to all Australian Cereal (wheat, oats, barley, triticale and cereal rye) breeders:
- Routine rust screening (greenhouse seedling and field adult plant testing)
- Detailed rust screening (resistance gene postulation)
- Backcrossing of rust resistance genes into nominated genotypes
- Quarantine introduction of new overseas germplasm
- Facilitating off-shore testing of germplasm in rust hotspots, eg. Kenya, Mexico
While some capacity exists for services to be provided free of charge, Fee-for-Service testing is also offered.
Fungicide trials are also being conducted both for research and Fee-for-Service.
In the initial instance please contact Prof. Robert Park ().