Dr Brian Jones
I have a passion for understanding the cellular and molecular structure and function of the wood forming vascular cambium.
I am interested in a few things, and amongst them:
- Developmental Biology
- Cell fate Determination
- Wood and Vascular Development
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
A lot of my research has to do with Arabidopsis thaliana as a model plant.
Brian Jones completed a B.Sc. in Horticultural Science at the University of Western Sydney and did his PhD Degree in Toulouse. Subsequently he did a post-doc at Umea University and has joined the faculty recently. Brian Jones is the Degree Coordinator for Agricultural Science.
- Salma Chaabouni , Brian Jones , Corinne Delalande , Hua Wang , Zhengguo Li , Isabelle Mila , Pierre Frasse , Alain Latché , Jean-Claude Pech , and Mondher Bouzayen. 2009. Sl-IAA3, a tomato Aux/IAA at the crossroads of auxin and ethylene signalling involved in differential growth. Journal of Experimental Botany (in press)
- Fabienne Guillon , Sully Philippe , Brigitte Bouchet , Marie-Françoise Devaux , Pierre Frasse , Brian Jones , Mondher Bouzayen , and Marc Lahaye. Down-regulation of an Auxin Response Factor in the tomato induces modification of fine pectin structure and tissue architecture. J. Exp. Bot. 59: 273-288
- S'lvia Coimbra, Brian Jones and Lu's Gustavo Pereira. 2008. Arabinogalactan proteins (AGPs) related to pollen tube guidance into the embryo sac in Arabidopsis. Plans Signaling & Behavior 3(7) pp 455-456.
- Céline Sorin, Luc Negroni, Thierry Balliau, Hélène Corti, Marie-Pierre Jacquemot, Marlène Davanture, Göran Sandberg, Michel Zivy, and Catherine Bellini. 2006. Proteomic Analysis of Different Mutant Genotypes of Arabidopsis Led to the Identification of 11 Proteins Correlating with Adventitious Root Development Plant Physiology 140: 349-364
- Julie Leclercq , Benoît Ranty , Maria-Teresa Sanchez-Ballesta , Zhengguo Li , Brian Jones , Alain Jauneau , Jean-Claude Pech , Alain Latché , Raoul Ranjeva , and Mondher Bouzayen. 2005. Molecular and biochemical characterization of LeCRK1, a ripening-associated tomato CDPK-related kinase. J. Exp. Bot. 56: 25-35.