Research: The effects of macroeconomy on Agriculture, international trade and foreign direct investment.
Teaching: I teach a variety of courses in the faculty, with subjects that cover applied econometrics, production economics, research methods, international trade, and economic policy.
Shauna Phillips Graduated from USYD in 1989. She received 1st class honours and University Medal for her B.Agr. Ec. In 1991 she completed a M.Comm from the University of New South Wales. Shauna lectured at Macquarie University in 1993 and in 1994 came back to USYD as an associate lecturer of Agricultural Economics.
- S. Phillips, F. Z. Ahmadi-Esfahani (2010). Export market Participation, Spillovers, and Foreign Direct Investment in Australian Food Manufacturing. Agribusiness: An International Journal 26(3): 329-347
- S. Phillips, F. Z. Ahmadi-Esfahani (2008). Exchange rates and foreign direct investment: theoretical models and empirical evidence. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 52 (4):505-525
- Phillips, S. and Bewley, R. (1991) The Effects of Flexible Exchange Rates on Australian Wool Prices. The Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics 35(1): 49-90.
- Bewley, R. and Phillips, S.(1990) Submission to the Department of Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade With Reference to Australia's Current Account Deficit and Overseas Debt. Paper submitted and evidence given to the hearing of the Joint Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade in Sydney. BEFG wp 90/14
- Bewley, R. Brakey, J. and S.Phillips.(1990) The Current Account, The Dollar and Australia's Potential to Export: The Effects of Tight Monetary Policy. BEFG wp 90/4.