Associate Professor Tiho Ancev
I have a passion for the economics of agricultural pollution, as well as the economics of carbon.
I am interested in water economics, economics of carbon emissions and the design of carbon emissions trading mechanisms. I’m also interested in the use of GIS for environmental and natural resource economic analysis. I have recently been involved in water quality projects, both in Australia and abroad.
Tihomir Ancev’s career began with completing a B.Sc. (Honours) in Agriculture at the University Saints Cyril and Methodius in Skopje, Macedonia. Tihomir then completed his M.Sc. in Economics at the University of Iceland in 1988, and went to Oklahoma State University where he completed his PhD in 2003. Tihomir joined the University of Sydney soon after his PhD and had recently completed a Graduate Certificate of Higher Education.
- Gray, E., Ancev, T., and Drynan, R. 2011. Coexistence of GM and non-GM crops with Endogenously Determined Separation. Ecological Economics, 70 : 2486-2493
- Ancev, T. 2011. Multi-year vs. single year drought: a comment on Peck and Adams. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics. 55, pp. 451–453
- Ancev, T. 2011. Policy Considerations for Mandating Agriculture in a Greenhouse Gas Emissions Trading Scheme. Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy , 33, pp. 99-115
- Odeh, I.O.A., Tan, D.K.Y., and Ancev, T. 2011. Potential Suitability and Viability of Selected Biodiesel Crops in Australian Marginal Agricultural Lands under Current and Future Climates. Bioenergy Research. DOI 10.1007/s12155-010-9110-6
- Ancev, T., Azad, Md. A. S., Den, D.T., and M. Harris. 2010. ‘Technical Efficiency of Shrimp Farms in Mekong Delta, Vietnam.’ In: Beckmann, V., Dung, N.H., Spoor, M., Shi, X. and J. Wesseler, (Eds.) Economic Transition and Natural Resource Management in East and Southeast Asia. pp. 141-157. Shaker Publishing, Aachen.
- Azad, M. A. S. and T. Ancev. 2010. Using ecological indices to measure economic and environmental performance of irrigated agriculture. Ecological Economics 69:1731-1739.
- Betz, R., Sanderson, T., and T. Ancev. 2010.‘In or out: Efficient inclusion of installations in an Emissions Trading Scheme?’ Journal of Regulatory Economics 37: 162-179.
- Pradhan, D., Ancev, T., Drynan, R., and Harris, M. 2010. Management of Water Reservoirs (Embungs) in West Timor, Indonesia. Water Resources Management. 25: 339-356
- Lee, L.Y., and T. Ancev. 2009. ‘Two Decades of Murray-Darling Water Management: A River of Funding, a Trickle of Achievement.’ Agenda, 16 (1): 5-23.
- Spencer, T., Ancev, T. and Connor, J. 2009. ‘Improving cost effectiveness of irrigation zoning for salinity mitigation by introducing offsets.’ Water Resources Management 23 : 2085–2100.