The annual Alumni Awards program celebrates the outstanding achievements of Sydney alumni. This prestigious awards program presented by the Alumni Council has been running for more than 20 years and is separated into two classifications, the Alumni Achievement Awards and the Graduate Medals.
The Alumni Achievement Awards recognise and celebrate the exceptional achievements of our graduates. The six categories include:
- Alumni Award for Cultural Contribution
- Alumni Award for Service to Humanity
- Alumni Award for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Alumni Award for International Achievement
- Alumni Award for Professional Achievement
- Outstanding achievements of Young Alumni
Nominations are now open for the 2016 Alumni Achievement Awards. View the nomination criteria.
In 2016 we have expanded the categories from four to six, a reflection of the high calibre of our alumni and the breadth of their experience and expertise.
The Graduate Medals honour the achievements of graduates, or those who have completed their degree requirements, in the previous year. The categories for the six medals awarded each year include:
- Convocation Medal, for undergraduate achievement
- Edmund Barton Medal, for master’s by coursework achievement
- John C Harsanyi Medal, for international student achievement
- Nigel C Barker Medal, for academic and sporting achievement
- Rita and John Cornforth Medal, for PhD achievement
- Sister Alison Bush Medal, for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander achievement
Nominations are now open for the 2016 Graduate Medals. View the nomination criteria.