The annual Alumni Awards program celebrates the outstanding achievements of Sydney alumni. This prestigious awards program presented by the Alumni Council has been running for more than 20 years and is separated into two classifications, the Alumni Achievement Awards and the Graduate Medals.
The Alumni Achievement Awards recognises the success of graduates who are established in their careers. The four categories include:
- Alumni Award for Community Achievement
- Alumni Award for International Achievement
- Alumni Award for Professional Achievement
- Young Alumni Award for Achievement
Changes to the Alumni Achievement Awards will be announced at the 2015 Alumni Awards Presentation event on 16 October, with the categories expanding to reflection of the high calibre of our alumni and the breadth of their experience and expertise.
The Graduate Medals honour the achievements of graduates, or those who have completed their degree requirements, in the previous year. The categories for the six medals awarded each year include:
- Convocation Medal, for undergraduate achievement
- Edmund Barton Medal, for master’s by coursework achievement
- John C Harsanyi Medal, for international student achievement
- Nigel C Barker Medal, for sporting achievement
- Rita and John Cornforth Medal, for PhD achievement
- Sister Alison Bush Medal, for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander achievement
Nominations are now open for the 2016 Graduate Medals. View the nomination criteria.