The annual Alumni Awards program celebrates the outstanding achievements of Sydney alumni. This prestigious awards program has been running for more than 20 years and is separated into two classifications, the Alumni Achievement Awards and Graduate Medals.
The Alumni Achievement Awards recognises the success of graduates who are established in their careers. The four categories include:
- Alumni Award for Community Achievement
- Alumni Award for International Achievement
- Alumni Award for Professional Achievement
- Young Alumni Award for Achievement
The Graduate Medals honour the achievements of graduates, or those who have completed their degree requirements, in the previous year. The categories for the six medals awarded each year include:
- Convocation Medal, for undergraduate achievement
- Edmund Barton Medal, for master’s by coursework achievement
- John C Harsanyi Medal, for international student achievement
- Nigel C Barker Medal, for sporting achievement
- Rita and John Cornforth Medal, for PhD achievement
- Sister Alison Bush Medal, for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander achievement
All alumni award nominations are reviewed and recipients are selected by the Alumni Awards Selection Committee. View the criteria for the Alumni Achievement Awards and Graduate Medals.
The 2015 Alumni Award presentation ceremony will be held on Friday 16 October in the Great Hall.