- How do I enter the photo contest?
- I'm not an Australian resident, can I enter the competition
- How do I know that we have received my entry?
- What if I have problems submitting my photograph online?
- How many photos can I submit?
- How is the competition judged?
- How old can the photograph be?
- Can I use a photo that has won a prize in another photo competition?
- Can I enter a photo that has previously been published?
- Will I be notified if my photo is chosen for use online or in publications?
- What sort of camera can I use to take the photo?
- What should I include in the caption/description of my photograph?
- Can I enhance or manipulate the photo?
- What are the competition prizes?
- When will the winners be announced?
- When I submit a photo in the competition, what rights does the University of Sydney have to my submission?
Entering the competition is easy, simply complete the online submission form.
Only Australian residents are eligible to enter the competition to win prizes. Overseas residents may submit their photograph, however these submissions will not be considered as entries in the competition.
A confirmation email is sent when your submission is received.
If you are unable to submit your photograph online, please email the photograph, together with your contact details, and information about the photograph to .
There is a limit of one photo submission per person per month.
A judging panel will judge the photographs on the following criteria:
2. Composition and quality
3. Originality/authenticity of content
The photograph must have been taken after 1 March 2011.
No, your photograph must not have previously won an award in a photography competition.
Yes, providing it has not won an award in a photography competition.
No, only prize winners will be notified.
You can use any type of camera to take the photographs. However only digital files can be accepted.
Your caption should tell us a little about the photograph; including what it is of, where it was taken and what you were doing when you took the photograph.
Photographs must be real, and only minor burning, dodging and/or colour correction is acceptable, as is cropping. Stitched panoramas are not acceptable.
See the Prizes page for details.
Winners will be notified by email and their full name will be published in the March 2014 edition of the Sydney Alumni Magazine.
11.59pm on Friday 1 November 2013.
When I submit a photo in the competition, what rights does the University of Sydney have to my submission?
Please see the terms and conditions.