We're upgrading your alumni email
The University's Information and Communication Technology division are upgrading your Alumni email to Office365. The upgrade will take place between 26 July and 3 August.
During the upgrade and after, you will need to access your email at https://outlook.com/uni.sydney.edu.au. Log in using your username (email address) and password.
If you are still experiencing difficulties gaining access to your account using the instructions above, please for a password reset. Please note that this can take up to 24 hours to be completed.
If you are using SkyDrive as part of your Alumni email, it will now be separate from your Alumni email account and available at www.skydrive.com using your existing login.
For more information, take a look at these frequently asked questions or .
I don't have an alumni email, how can I get one?
To access your account, log in to AlumniOnline and follow the on-screen instructions to opt in. You will receive your email address and temporary password along with a link to activate your email.
Once activated, you can log in anytime at http://outlook.com/uni.sydney.edu.au.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are answers to frequently asked questions about the upgrade to Office365.
What will change?
- Your new inbox will have a new look.
- You will need to access your email at https://outlook.com/uni.sydney.edu.au. After the upgrade, you will no longer be able to access your email via the generic outlook.com url.
- If you are using SkyDrive as part of your Alumni email, it will now be separate from your Alumni email account and available at www.skydrive.com using your existing login).
Will my email account retain all messages in my inbox (& other folders)?
How do I access Sydney Mail after the upgrade?
After the upgrade period, you can access your email via MyUni again, as well as at https://outlook.com/uni.sydney.edu.au.
Note: after the upgrade, you will no longer be able to access your email via the generic outlook.com web link.
If you’ve set up your mobile or tablet device to access your alumni email, you can continue accessing it through these devices.
Will my email redirect/forward still work after the upgrade?
Yes, your email redirect/forward will still work after the upgrade. If you do experience issues accessing your email after the upgrade, make sure your redirect/forward setup is correct.
How do I get help?
If you require any additional assistance, please .
Visit the Sydney Mail website for information and guides about using your Alumni email account, including email forwarding.
- If you graduated before 30 June 2009, your email address (Windows LiveID) will typically be email@example.com.
- Details about how to use email forwarding can be found on the Sydney Mail website.
- Alumni email replaces the old Alumni Web Community (AWC), which was switched off on 30 June 2010.
- Alumni who graduated after 1 July 2009 and onwards will bring their student email addresses with them into the alumni community.