Meet the five winners recognised in this year’s Alumni Awards and marvel at their achievements.
A generous gift of $5 million has enabled the establishment of a new trust to advance research into liveable cities.
From diving to rowing and athletics, Sydney has a number of gold medal prospects at the London Olympic Games.
More from SAM
Lars Ittner has stopped Alzheimer’s in mice. Now for humans.
Sharon Naismith uses games and puzzles to help people with dementia.
David Guest explains how science can save chocolate.
A behind-the-scenes-look at the dramatic 18-month restoration of the Great Hall.
Human rights lawyer John Hocking reflects on his 15 years at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in the Hague.
- Educating Roddy: the story behind his unorthodox biography
- Naomi Hart: history, debating and helping death row prisoners
- Ann Harding’s research shows the impact of policies in dollars and cents
- John McLenaghan, new President of the Alumni Council
- How the Power Institute changed art in Australia
- David Celermajer on the Sir Zelman Cowen Foundation
- Book reviews: Gordon Parker, Eric Knight and more
- Your letters in full
- Class notes: achievements of note for alumni
- Diary: all the big events until November
- Results of 2011 SAM readership survey
Physiotherapist Ben Gwilliam has spent the past year helping disabled children in Mongolia
Four years out, Kip Williams directs his first production for the Sydney Theatre Company.
The inside story on the Quadrangle’s unusual residents.
Mohamed Khadra writes plays with a pen and saves lives with a scalpel.
Consumers give marketers more than they bargain for.
Take our poll and tell us what matters to you.
Free evening lectures, forums and debates.
Put your thinking cap on.
Find out which University alumni made the Queen’s Birthday honours list.
NSW Reconciliation Week exposes a few awkward myths.
An Australian view on a very European problem.
Alumnus Jack Manning Bancroft on the AIME mentoring program.
Alumna and researcher Nicole Gurran looks issues around housing affordability.