Dr Jennifer Ferng
PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge; MArch, Princeton University; BArch, Rice University; BA, Rice University
G04 - Wilkinson Building
The University of Sydney
|Telephone||+61 2 9351 5914|
2012 |Lecturer of Architecture, University of Sydney, Faculty of Architecture, Design, and Planning. 2012 | Visiting Lecturer, MIT, History, Theory, & Criticism of Architecture and Art
2009-12 | Doctoral Researcher, Institut national d’histoire de l’art (INHA), Paris, France
2004-07 | Teaching Assistant, MIT, History, Theory, & Criticism of Architecture and Art.
2004-05 | Research Assistant, Sherry Turkle, MIT Initiative on Technology and Self
2002-03 | Visiting Assistant Professor, Pratt Institute, School of Architecture, Brooklyn, NY.
2001-03 | Visiting Critic, Pratt Institute, School of Architecture, Brooklyn, NY.
2003 | Design Instructor, Parsons School of Design, New School University, New York, NY
2003 | Visiting Critic, City University of New York, New York, NY
2001-02 | Research Assistant, Princeton University, School of Architecture, Princeton, NJ
- European architecture and decorative arts from 1700 to present
- History of the earth sciences including geology
- Metallurgy, mineralogy
- History of modern landscape and its relation to built design
- Architectural materials, nature, and technology
- Art history’s relationship to material culture
- Critical theory
- Sydney Intellectual History Network; Milam J, Aspromourgos A, Borghesi F, Caine B, Ferng J, Fitzmaurice A, Gal O, Gaukroger S, Helbig D, Karalis V, Kerridge I, Macarthur D, Nassar D, Redding P, Sadurski W, Sevel M, Sluga G, Smith M, Waldow A, Walton K; DVC Research/Research Network Scheme (SyReNS).
- Global Sensibilities – The New History of Ideas; Blanshard A, Caine B, Celermajer D, Ferng J, Fitzmaurice A, Gatens M, Harmon C, Johnson M, Milam J, Sluga G, White S; Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences/FASS Collaborative Research Scheme.
Selected publications & creative works