Access to University records and information

Staff, students or members of the public can apply for access to University records under the Government Information (Public Access) Act. The tabs at the top of this page will take you to the relevant parts of this website. However, application for access to much University information can be made through less formal means:


 Staff  Students Other members of the public

Staff have access to current and archival records of the University needed for their work through Records Online and the University Archives.

Staff have a right of access to their staff file without needing to make an application under one of the Acts. This form should be completed and submitted to the HR Service Centre by staff wishing to access their file.

Students have a right of access to their student file and assessment and examination results (see policies). To request access to a student file, please fill out the appropriate access form and take it to your Faculty student administration office.

University Archives more than 30 years old (50 years for staff and student records) can be accessed through the University Archives.