Useful sites within the University
- University Calendar Archive, 1852 to the present, full text with search facility
- Faculty Handbook Archive, from 1995 to the present
- Alumni Sidneienses, a searchable database of graduates from 1857, but does not include the last 30 years
- Beyond 1914, an online searchable biographical database of those staff, students and alumni from the University involved in the Great War.
For further Archival research and information outside the University try the following:
- Society of Australian Genealogists
- Australian Society of Archivists Directory of Archives in Australia
- State Records NSW
- State Library of NSW
- Sydney University Rare Books Library
- National Archives of Australia
- National Library of Australia
- National Film and Sound Archive
- Australian War Memorial
- Australian Dictionary of Biography
- Encyclopedia of Australian Science (Incorporating Bright Sparks and Australian Science at Work)
- Australian Historical Records Register
- Guide to Australian Literary Manuscripts
- Register of Australian Archives and Manuscripts
Records of the Business Archives Council
Records that were collected by the Business Archives Council are no longer held at the University of Sydney Archives. They were transferred to more appropriate archival institutions or libraries including the State Library of NSW.
The records of the Scottish Australian Investment Company 1840 - 1881 are held at the Noel Butlin Archives Centre at the ANU. There is also some information in the David Macmillan archives finding aid at Trent University about Scottish Australian Trading Company records.