Accessing your personal information

You have the right to access any of your personal information held by the University. If you believe that information is inaccurate, not relevant to the purpose for which is was collected, not up to date or incomplete or misleading you have the right apply to have it amended.

The process for accessing your personal information is slightly different depending on whether you are a staff member or a student of the University.

In the case of all of the below access requests, no fees are payable. Please allow at least a week to access as information will need to be prepared, including the removal of incidental references to other people’s personal information.

Current Students - accessing your student file
Your student file contains information relating to general student administration matters including applications for credit or cross-institutional study, deferral requests and approval, exclusion and re-admission and re-enrolment.

Please contact Student Administration Services regarding access.

Current Students - other access requests
For other personal information held in records such as Special Consideration forms, Student Appeals Body (SAB) proceedings or disciplinary proceedings please submit this form to ARMS.

Current Staff - accessing your staff file
Your staff file contains routine documents relating to the management of your employment.

Please contact the HR Service Centre if you would like to obtain access to your file.

Current staff - other access requests
For information not on your staff file, you may need to make an application under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. Please speak with one of our Right to Information officers in the first instance.