Postgraduate Research Program
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences offers the following postgraduate degrees by research:
- Master of Arts (Research)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Direct admission is possible at any level, provided that the applicable entry requirements are met.
At these higher degree levels, the Department of Arabic Language and Cultures has a vibrant research training program, with candidates undertaking postgraduate research degrees at the Masters and PhD levels on topics related to:
- Arabic language and literature
- Arab mass and popular cultures
- Society and Politics
- Film and media studies
- Gender and sexuality studies
- Cross-cultural relations: the Arab world and the West
- Arab diasporas
- History, politics, and social movements.
On our Current and Recent Projects webpage, you can read about the topics that our current and past postgraduate students have researched.
If you are interested in undertaking a research degree in the area of Arabic Language and Cultures and would like to discuss the opportunities that might be available to you, please contact the Chair of Department prior to application.
For information on matters that are not covered here, such as fees and English-language requirements, please see the website of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and/or the International Student Office. The following links should be helpful:
- Postgraduate research degrees in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Future postgraduate international students