Nicholson Museum

The Nicholson Museum, situated in the Main Quadrangle of the University, was founded in 1860. It is named after its original benefactor, Sir Charles Nicholson, who was Speaker of the NSW Legislative Council before becoming one of the founders of the University and later its Provost (Chancellor).

The Museum houses Australia's largest collection of Etruscan, Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Near Eastern, Cypriot and prehistoric European material.

For more information phone (02) 9351 2812 or visit the University Museums web site