Christie’s is offering an internship place for a University of Sydney student at their London offices.
Duration: expected to be an 8 week period from mid-May to mid-July 2013; appropriate measures will be put in place to avoid any possible coursework attendance or submission issues
Funding from Christie’s: payment of £240 per week.
Funding from Faculty: $5000 towards the cost of travel and accommodation
Visa: Christie’s will assist and sponsor the student for an appropriate working visa for the period of the internship. Christie’s will cover the cost of the sponsorship but the candidate will be required to submit personal paperwork for the application and pay a visa application fee.
The successful candidate may be expected to keep a journal or blog of their experiences, which will be used by the University of Sydney for documentary and publicity purposes.
1. Be a current honours or postgraduate University of Sydney student, or
Be applying to commence as an honours or postgraduate student in 2013.
2. Have completed their undergraduate degree by the end of 2012.
3. Have an undergraduate degree which includes a major in Art History, or a related discipline.
4. Be able to demonstrate not only a strong academic track record in appropriate fields, but also a range of skills and
experience that will prepare them for work in a busy professional environment.
5. Be motivated, self-directed, able to work in teams in pressurized situations, and
confident in interacting professionally with staff and members of the public.
6. Be competent with basic software such as Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
Language skills beyond English will be helpful.
If the successful candidate is enrolled in the Museum Studies or Art Curatorship Masters or Graduate Diploma programs, the internship may be credited as an internship unit of study.
1. CV of no more than three pages including names of two referees
2. One-page letter of motivation that states your interest in the internship, outlines the skills, experience and interests that qualify you to apply, and articulates the potential importance of the internship to your study and future career
3. Evidence of 2013 enrolment/application at Sydney University in postgraduate coursework or honours course (if applicable)
4. Completed Application Form
Applications to be sent by email to
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions to assist you with any queries. If you have a query that is not answered on this page, please email your question to
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed on 6 December 2012.
The closing date for applications is 19 November 2012.
Selection will be completed by mid December 2012.