Dr Catriona Moore
|B Ed (Art and Craft) Melbourne CAE
MA PhD Sydney
RC Mills Building
Editorial Board Membership
- Eyeline, 2000
- Photofile, 1997 - 1998
Academic Honours and Grants
- Dr Catriona Moore and Professor Roger Benjamin are both listed as Chief Investigators for a very large ARC LIEF grant which was successful for the 2005 year, and is currently submitting for 2nd-year funding, with a projected budget of $548,700 from the ARC. The University of Sydney will be receiving research quantum for our involvement.
It is entitled "Dictionary of Australian Artists Online", and the UNSW is the lead institution.
- Comparative study of women modernist artists in the pre- and inter-war years from selected British Dominions and new republics (primarily New Zealand, Australia, Canada, South Africa, and tangentially India)
- Contemporary feminist art and writing
- Contemporary Australian art
- Contemporary international art, with particular focus on post-colonial and feminist issues
- Electronic media
- [BOOK]Indecent Exposures: Australian Feminist Photography 1970-1990, Allen and
- Unwin, 1994
- [BOOK]Editor, Dissonance: Twenty Years of Australian Feminist Art Writing,
- Allen and Unwin, 1994
- [BOOK CHAPTER] 2005 ‘Margaret Preston At Home’, Radical Revisionism in Australian Art (ed Rex Butler) Brisbane: Institute of Modern Art, (in press; accepted January 2004)
- [BOOK CHAPTER] 2004‘Hearts and Minds (will win the war)’, Criticism+Engagement+Thought: Biennale of Sydney, (Sydney: Artspace, 2004, 9-17 (with Jo Holder)
- [BOOK CHAPTER] 1999 'Back to the Future, Past/Present, eds. J. Kerr and J. Holder, Fine Arts Press.
- [BOOK CHAPTER] 1998 'Feminism and the visual arts and crafts', Chapter in eds. B. Caine et. al., The Oxford Companion to Australian Feminism, OUP.
- [BOOK CHAPTER] 2004 1997 'Hide and Seek', Hide and Seek: Julie Rrap, Piper Press.
- [BOOK CHAPTER] 2004 1996 'Supermodels: Feminist art of the 1980s', in What Is Apropriation? An Anthology of Critical Writings on Australian Art of the 1980s and '90s, ed. R. Butler, Institute of Modern Art, Brisbane.
- [JOURNAL ARTICLE] 2005 'Contemporary Australian Photography’, Art and Australia, March 2005 (in press; accepted March 2004)
- [EXHIBITION CATALOGUE] 2003 ‘Waltz in Matilda’, Meridian: Focus on Contemporary Australian Art, (Sydney: Museum of Contemporary Art, 2003, 24-27 (with Jo Holder)
- [JOURNAL ARTICLE] 1999 'Welcome to the Real World', Realtime, August.
- [JOURNAL ARTICLE] 1997 'Photos of My generation', Photofile, No 50, April, pp. 8-15 1996 'Peripheral Vision: Contemporary Australian Art', Meanjin, June.
- [EXHIBITION CATALOGUE] 1995 'In the Company of Women', Artlink, 15: 2/3, Winter/Spring, 38-43; (revised version of catalogue essay, In the Company of Women, Perth Institute of Contemporary Art, 1995).
- [CATALOGUE ESSAY] 2000 'Stitched Up', Canberra Contemporary Art Space, July.
- [CATALOGUE ESSAY] 1995 'In the Company of Women', Perth Institute of Contemporary Art.
- [REVIEW] 2000 'Avant-Garde for Children', Eyeline, Autumn.
- [REVIEW] 2000 ' Asia Pacific Triennial', Art and Australia, June.
- [REVIEW] 2000 Joanna Drayton's Edith Collier: Her life and work 1885-1964, in Art and Australia, June.
- [REVIEW] 1999 'Going Glocal', Special APT issue of Realtime/MAAP99 Volume 2.