Computer Room 110 - CR110
Location: level 1, Brennan side of Brennan MacCallum building
This is a computer enhanced teaching and self study facility with automated switching.
Semester opening hours for student access are 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday-Friday.
Capacity is 21 seats.
The room supports:
- 21 student computer positions - Apple PowerMac G5 DP2.3GHz
- DVD playback from Teacher's computer to front screen via ceiling mounted Data Projector
- Computer presentations to front screen via ceiling mounted Data Projector
- Document camera for presenting material to local and 109 audience
- Network and Internet access from all computers
- AV room linking to CR109
Room Special Features
The ceiling mounted data projector is permanently connected to the teacher's computer. An Apple or Windows laptop can also be connected to the data projector via a spare connecting cable.
A laser printer is available however users will need to supply their own paper. Printer maintenance and toner remains the responsibility of ICT Staff: X16000 or
The Apple G5 Desktop offers:
- Acrobat Reader
- FireFox as default Internet Browser
- Office 2004 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Antivirus
- QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Players
- Keyserved licenses of Adobe CS 1.1 and Macromedia Studio 2004 MX
The DVD Player built into the Teacher's computer supports PAL and is set to region 4 only.
Special applications to assist with units of study are installed on request. Requests to have software included on the image used by these computers must be made in writing. For practical purposes, it is necessary that these requests be made at least a month before teaching is to commence, ie 1 month before Summer School or Semester 1. Where necessary, requests should demonstrate that licensing permits the software to be installed onto all computers in this lab. Any other licensing issues must be passed onto ICT staff: X16000 or , for example, some licenses specify that software is only allowed to be access by students in a unit of study. Any requests to have software installed beyond the cut-off times may see delays in having the request completed.