Computer Room 112 - CR112
Location: level 1, Brennan side of Brennan MacCallum building
This is a computer enhanced teaching facility with automated switching.
Capacity is 21 seats.
The room supports:
- 20 student computer positions - HP Compaq D530SFF Desktop
- VHS & DVD playback to front screen via ceiling mounted Data Projector
- Computer presentations to front screen via ceiling mounted Data Projector
- CD and Tape audio playback via ceiling mounted Data Projector
- Network and Internet access from all computers
- Document camera for presenting material to local audience
Room Special Features
An AMX console is the centrepiece for switching between AV content. The beauty of the AMX console is to allow users to switch easily between content sources with no fuss! Put simply, when you hit the DVD button for your source, the AMX takes care of all the little details for you:
- Dropping the projector screen,
- Turning on the Data Projector and selecting the DVD as preferred source
- Playing audio through wall mounted speakers
The DVD player used in conjunction with the switching system supports multiple DVD regions as well as PAL/NTSC video support.
The ceiling mounted data projector is permanently connected to the teacher's computer. An Apple or Windows laptop can also be connected to the data projector via a spare connecting cable.
Each HP Compaq D530SFF Desktop offers:
- Genesis classroom management software
- Acrobat Reader
- FireFox as default Internet Browser
- Office 2003 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Access) and Antivirus
- QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Players
- SPSS 15 and Amos 7