Computer Room 171
Location: Level 1 Transient Building, Fisher rd entrance.
This is a computer enhanced teaching facility with full multimedia capabilities.
Access to the venue is by booking and utilises swipe card access.
Capacity is 18 seats.
The Room Features
- 18 student computer positions - Mac Pro 2x2 GHz Dual Core running OSX 10.5
- DVD, VHS and audio playback from Teacher’s computer to screen via ceiling mounted Data Projector and wall-mounted speakers
- Computer presentations to front screen via ceiling mounted Data Projector
- Document camera for presenting material to students.
- Network and Internet access from all computers
- Flatbed Scanner Epson V30
- Black & white laser printer
Room special Features
An AMX console is the centre piece for switching between AV content. It allows users to switch easily between content sources with no fuss all from a touch screen panel.
- Data Projector activation and screen control
- Room lighting control
- Selecting input sources for display through Projector eg DVD, computer etc
- Playing audio through wall mounted speakers
The ceiling mounted data projector is permanently connected to the teachers computer. An Apple or Windows laptop can also be connected to the data projector via a spare connecting cable.
The Apple Mac Pro desktop computers offer:
- Acrobat Reader
- Firefox as default Internet Browser
- Office 2008 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite 4
- Final Cut Pro