Multimedia Room 116 - MR116
Location: level 1, Brennan side of Brennan MacCallum Building
This is an AV enhanced teaching facility with automated switching.
Capacity is 22 seats.
The room supports:
- VHS & DVD playback to front screen via ceiling mounted Data Projector
- Computer presentations to front screen via ceiling mounted Data Projector
- CD and Tape audio playback via wall mounted speakers
- Network and Internet access from Teacher’s computers (Internet access requires Unikey)
- Document camera for presenting material to local audience
Room Special Feature
An AMX console is the centre piece for switching between AV content. The beauty of the AMX console is to allow users to switch easily between content sources with no fuss! Put simply, when you hit the DVD button for your source, the AMX takes care of all the little details for you:
- Dropping the projector screen
- Turning on the Data Projector and selecting the DVD as preferred source
- Playing audio through wall mounted speakers
The DVD player used in conjunction with the switching system supports multiple DVD regions as well as PAL/NTSC video support.
The ceiling mounted data projector is permanently connected to the teacher’s computer. An Apple or Windows laptop can also be connected to the data projector via a spare connecting cable.
The Windows XP Desktop offers:
- Acrobat Reader
- FireFox as default Internet Browser
- Office 2003 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher & Access) and Antivirus
- QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Players