Multimedia Room 332 - MR332
Location: level 3, Old Teachers College
This is an AV enhanced teaching facility with automated switching.
Capacity is 30 seats.
The room supports:
- VHS & DVD playback to front screen via ceiling mounted Data Projector
- Computer presentations to front screen via ceiling mounted Data Projector
- CD and Tape audio playback via Hi-Fi secured to the front desk
- Network and Internet access from Teacher’s computers (Internet access requires Unikey)
- Overhead projector for presenting transparencies to audience
Room Special Feature
An AMX console is the centre piece for switching between AV content. The beauty of the AMX console is to allow users to switch easily between content sources with no fuss! Put simply, when you hit the DVD button for your source, the AMX takes care of all the little details for you:
- Dropping the projector screen
- Turning on the Data Projector and selecting the DVD as preferred source
- Playing audio through wall mounted speakers
In time, the AMX switch is intended to be run wirelessly through a simple control interface on the laptop. The control interface will offer better control of DVD/VHS functions.
The Sony DVD/VHS Combo player used in conjunction with the switching system supports multiple DVD regions as well as PAL/NTSC video support.
The Windows XP Desktop offers:
- Acrobat Reader
- FireFox as default Internet Browser
- Office 2003 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher & Access) and Antivirus