Arts Digital News Tool
The Arts Digital Web Team has developed a tool for updating news items on the front page of Schools websites.
If you want to use the news tool and would like the items to archive to your news page please contact the Web Team via .
How do I use the News Tool?
Please note : It is YOUR responsibility to double and triple check your news item before submitting it.
- You can access the News and Events form here.
- Use the drop down menu at the bottom of the form to select where you want the news to appear. It will provide you with a list of departments based on the School group your Unikey is included in.
- Fill in the fields with your news item. We've included some hints in the field to make it clear what goes where, these will disappear when you click in the field.
- Select an image. We've included a number of generic images that we hope will cover most common news events. We're adding to this pool of images all the time.
- Select an expiry date. This is the date the news item will disappear from your front page. We've made the default two weeks but you can select longer and if you choose the clear or blank fields the item will never expire from your front page.
- Approve the item, click submit and the item will appear on your website.
How Does it Work?
When you hit "Submit" you are adding information to the Arts CMS, specifically a news item for your school or department. As part of the stylesheet upgrade the Web Team added a small snippet of code to Faculty, School and Departmental webpages.
This code talks to the Arts CMS each time someone loads the front page of your website. If the Arts CMS talks back and tells front page that there is a news item for that school or department it is displayed with the rest of the information on that page. If there is no news, or there is no news that hasn't past its expiry date the news section of the page will appear blank.