Step 2: Additional Information and Support

Successful scholarship applicants

If you have been awarded a Postgraduate Research Scholarship, remember to submit your Scholarship Commencement form as soon as you have enrolled.

Submit your completed form to the Scholarships Office. Forms are available from their forms page.

After you have enrolled

Once you have completed your enrolment, please remember that as a current research student you can visit our Current Students page for further information on Faculty support, policies and forms.

Postgraduate Research Coordinators

Each department in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences has a Postgraduate Research Coordinator who can provide you with academic advice and guidance in your area of study. Please contact your Research Coordinator if you require help.

Research facilities

The Postgraduate Arts Research Centres (PGARCs) provide physical resources and a stimulating research environment for research students. There are three postgraduate centres associated with the Faculty: PGARC Fisher, PGARC Old Teachers’ College (OTC) and PGARC Woolley.

PGARC Fisher and PGARC OTC offer shared facilities for postgraduate research students in the early years of their study. PGARC Woolley offers dedicated desks to students in the final stages of their research course.

Please note: PGARC Fisher is currently closed due to renovations.

Further support

As your first point of contact, please contact the University Enrolment Support helpline: 1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864), outside of Australia: + 61 2 8627 1444

We're available between 9am and 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time, Monday to Friday. You can also contact the University using our online form.

If you require additional support or advice about your academic choices you can contact us by telephone, or receive a reply to an email.

To email your enquiry please send an email to:

To speak to a Student Adviser, please call +61 (02) 9351 6673.