Dean's list for academic excellence
In March, the University publishes an Honours Roll on its website. An announcement is also placed in The Sydney Morning Herald which includes a link for the list on the University's website.
- The Student Centre advises each Faculty of the deadline for submitting students' names for the Dean's list, and provides the Prizes Coordinator with an Annual Average Mark (AAM) report.
- The report is checked for accuracy and those students who meet the eligibility criteria and rank highly enough have their names submitted to the Prizes Unit of the University.
- The Prizes Unit will inform the student of their achievement and add the information to the student's academic record. An updated record is sent out to each student.
- The Dean's List is published in the Sydney Morning Herald, usually on 31 January or the closest working day to it.
Students are eligible to go on the Dean's List for Academic Excellence if they meet the following criteria:
- Have completed an annual workload of at least 1.0 EFTSL (48 credit points) with a full-time enrolment loading recorded each semester; and
- Have achieved an AAM of 85 or greater when calculated after the end of year exams.