Completing degree requirements away from the University

Higher degrees by research are offered in on campus mode only.

Candidates intending to complete their degree requirements away from the University can submit an application to the Faculty in their last year of candidature.

How to Apply

It is important you first discuss this candidature option with your Supervisor and Higher Degree by Research Coordinator.

You can apply for a period of candidature to be counted away inMyUnithrough yourSydney Student portal.

You will need to select theMy Studiestab, chooseCourse Detailsand clicking on the Suspend your studies or apply to take leave link. Simply follow the prompts to lodge the request.

You will be notified of the decision by email.

If you are a scholarship holder, you also need to apply to theScholarships Officefor permission to hold your scholarship outside of Sydney.