Counting time away from the University


Postgraduate research degrees are offered as on campus mode only.

If you intend to complete fieldwork or research outside of Sydney you need to submit an application to the Faculty for approval. This ensures the time away from the University is counted towards your candidature.

How To Apply

If you intend to complete fieldwork or research outside of Sydney, you will need to apply to count this time away towards your candidature. The application must be submitted at least two weeks before your departure.

You will need to request approval from your supervisor and your department’s Postgraduate Research Coordinator before submitting an application form. Where your supervisor is also the Postgraduate Research Coordinator, the request must be approved by the Chair of Department or Head of School. You can submit the application at the Faculty’s Student Services counter or as an attachment from your university email address to .

You will be notified of the decision via by email.

If you are a scholarship holder, you also need to apply to the Scholarships Office for permission to hold your scholarship outside of Sydney.