Approval for outbound cross-institutional study may be granted to undergraduate students currently enrolled in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences who need to undertake a relevant unit of study offered at another host institution.
Note that this does not relate to Exchange or In-Country Study.
The Faculty rules for outbound cross-institutional study are set out in the Faculty Policy and Procedure for Outbound Cross-Institutional Undergraduate Study.
Students must complete and submit an application form and provide all documentation requested by the advertised deadline, which can be found on the Important dates page. Late applications cannot be accepted.
Students must also contact the destination university offering the unit(s) of study well in advance of the intended semester to ensure enough time is available to make any changes in order to comply with the rules of cross-institutional study.
The application will only be approved if:
- The applicant has completed 48 credit points towards the award course in which they are enrolled.
- The award course cannot be completed without cross-institutional study.
- The unit is in an approved subject area, and
- The unit is not available at the University of Sydney
- An application for outbound cross-institutional study will also be considered if the student is unable for exceptional reasons to attend classes at the University of Sydney.
- Credit for study will be awarded only if the outbound cross-institutional study was approved prior to the study.
- Students are responsible for forwarding their results to the Faculty in the form of an official academic transcript for the awarding of credit.
Undergraduate students with a Commonwealth-supported place at the University of Sydney may be eligible to enrol in unit(s) of study under the same funding arrangements at the host institution. Students are advised to contact the host institution to confirm fee liability. International students who wish to complete cross-institutional study must ensure that enrolment complies with their visa conditions and confirm that the host institution accepts international cross-institutional students prior to making an application.